Friday, October 9, 2009

My 50th Birthday Trip to Palmyra New York

In September I was able to visit the Church History sites in New York and Ohio with Carla and Loren. It was a fantastic trip and I loved every moment of it. Except the part where I turned 50!!! It was awesome to be in the Sacred Grove and be in the home where the church was organized. We saw and did every thing there was to see. The Hill Cumorah was smaller than I imagined. It was quite a walk for Joseph from his home to the hill to see the plates and receive instruction from the Angel Moroni. It was amazing to have history brought to life by actually being in the place where these events happened.

The Sacred Grove.




Here I am standing by the Hill Cumorah Monument at the top of the Hill.

This is the Whitney Farm where
the church was restored.










Carla & I in front of the Kirtland Visitor Center.







This is the site of the first printing of the Book of Mormon and the Kirtland Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment